With one truck and a vision, John Moss, founded American Transport, Inc. (ATI) in 1979. From that one truck ATI grew to be the largest petroleum carrier in the Northwest. Through hard work, aggressive acquisition and planned divestiture, American Energy was formed.
In 2009 Colvin Oil purchased American Energy. Colvin Oil, a family owned and run Oregon business since 1960, was built on the same ideals that made American Energy. The addition of Colvin Oil’s vast resources made American Energy one of the largest fuel distributors in the State of Oregon. It has also allowed American Energy to become one of the largest multi-branded fuel distributors on the West Coast.
American Energy has a strong commitment to provide our customers with products, services and support that is unequaled in our industry. We look forward to meeting the challenges of tomorrow while continuing to exceed the requirements of today.
Let American Energy earn your business.
“Do the common things – uncommonly well” – John H. Moss
The vision of American Energy is to continually seek out the needs of our customers and meet or exceed those needs today and in the future. The Methodology we will use to achieve this vision will be through improvements in strategic partnering.
Strategic partnering is the foundation we must set to ensure that only in our customer’s success can we find the stability to sustain our own success. Strategic partnerships work best when all parties focus on the value obtained by the customer.
American Energy markets under different Oil Company brands, however the core of our offering is developing value-added services for our customers. The reason for our unique success is that we have all the required resources of a large multi-brand distributor, yet we view the customer as the most important element in a good marketer-supplier relationship. This is why we can truly say we are Customer Driven.
To make our Vision a reality, we must:
- Become the leading branded gasoline and diesel marketer in the Northwest.
- Build strategic partnering arrangements with our customers and suppliers to ensure continuity of operations.
- Sustain our partnership with the leading provider of petroleum common carriage in the region.
- Share our knowledge base with our customers to help them achieve superior performance.
- Build a regional, high value card lock commercial fueling business.
- Aggressively redesign our key work processes to achieve superior performance at lower cost than our competitors.
- Educate and utilize the people skills and behaviors needed to achieve the vision.
- Lead the industry in safety and reliability while achieving predictability in all our operations.
The achievement of these strategic intents will be the measure of our success. Each of our employees, customers, and suppliers play an important role in maintaining this vision and reaching our goals.